Yes. The twist grip throttle is located on the right handle. A very handy use of the throttle feature is using it to get strarted from a stop at, say, an intersection where you need to proceed quickly. The motor power will propell the MiniMax E-bike forward allowing you to quickly gain balance and stability without necessarily having to pedal. It is also nice for leisurely crusing without having to pedal. It can be turned off /on via adjacent flip switch.
The littlest little bike — the MiniMax — has a folding mechanism built in which allows you to fold the bike in half lengthwise. The handlebars fold down and the pedals fold in to give you a small package - ideal for back seats, trunks, or most small spaces.
Folded, the MiniMax is much smaller than a regular size non-folding bike, and can be carried under your arm or placed in its own carring bag for transport.
There are many uses for the MiniMax. In Addition to the obvious size advantages, we have people using the Mini-Max as a mini work horse doing the hard work:
- Pulling the optional trailer for equestrian events (carrying hay and water to distant stations on courses)
- Hauling stuff to and from the beach, park, and that far away parking lot
- Personal transport for Fliers, RVers and Yachtees and other "away from home" destinations
- Shopping trips from the camp ground or vacation home for "stores"
- General getting around at large events
Mag Wheels are the sturdiest wheels we have available for our bikes. No need to worry about bending spokes or adjusting tension. They do weigh a bit more, but if you need durability and toughness, Mag Wheels are what you want.